EFF Research Forum
- Identify new areas of diabetes and cardiometabolic disorder research that offer new inroads to effective therapies.
- Identify key components to be included in diabetes and cardiometabolic disorders, basic science, and clinical research.
- Discuss research study designs that may improve on current approaches to the management of diabetes and cardiometabolic disorders.
- Enhance skills in scientific thought and discussion through mentor and group-driven discussion of research and presentations.
- Develop skills in generating a research grant proposal from hypothesis generation to grant submission.
- Demonstrate how to generate research hypotheses de novo and build into a real-time project under the direction of an expert faculty mentor.
- Develop a better understanding of "what it takes" to become an expert researcher in diabetes and cardiometabolic disease and to develop a career in academic medicine.
- Enhance research presentation skills in a peer-reviewed setting.